09 lipca 2005

 

Excelsior!

I went to see Fantastic Four last night. I liked it, but being the young curmudgeon, I had a few observations:


Some bozo in USA Today reviewed the movie, and showed he was clueless about the genre, for example:

One of the movie's problems is timing. Because the quartet's superhuman skills remind you of the family's superpowers in last year's hit The Incredibles, Fantastic Four feels derivative and looks even more wan when compared with the exceptionally clever computer-animated movie.

Even though Fantastic Four's comic-book escapades long pre-date the adventures of The Incredibles, the predictable plot can't help but seem tired and rehashed.

Well, hate to tell you this sir, the writer of The Incredibles says that it was a tribute to Fantastic Four, his favorite comic. Fantastic Four debuted in 1963. I think somebody pointed this little temporal problem out to him, and he added the second paragraph so he wouldn't look so stupid.

Also, the author claims that Dr. Doom is a rip-off of Darth Vader. See above.


Because I haven't talked enough about jukeboxes, here is another item. I wasn't paying any attention to the music because I was too busy being beaten, once again, by Todd at pool (he is a swim coach, there has got to be a connection there). While in the rest room, the music shut off and there was a commotion. When I went back out, all of the patrons were either cheeing or jeering the bartenders.

I asked Jamie, one of my two favorite bartenders, what was going on.

She snapped, "Well, when you pick every song off of a Danzig album, I'm going to turn it off..."

There is a good reason why they call it the Surly Wench.


The Revs play Chicago today. Last week, they released Cassio and Felix Brillant. Both were fine players, but couldn't get much playing time given who else was on the team. The release of Brillant is the worst thing that has happened to my "all name" team since Stern John left the league.

The US Women play against Ukraine tommorrow. The game marks the return of Abby Wambach. Tiffany Milbrett is expected to score yet another goal to bring her closer to Mia Hamm's level. Expect a blowout, I think USA 4 - UKR 0.


Fall fan and Wesley Clark supporter Michael James Pinto posted this item to FallNet. Feel free to come up with your own metaphors about politics or consumerism.


Hasta la Proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I saw the Fantastic Four too!
It was ok. Some of the scenes were definitely drawn out toooo long.
The wife of The Thing should have been crushed or maimed. She was a total bitch.
And talk about cleavage, Sue couldn't even cover those things up with invisability.
But as super powers go...I would have to be The Thing. Just so I could say, "I'm rock hard baby!"
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?