24 czerwca 2005

 

Rebellious Jukebox

Every night at Surly Wench, you are guaranteed to hear the song "Where Is My Mind" by the Pixies. Sometimes, you can hear it a couple of times. Gets a bit irritating. I think this may actually make the employees there hate the Pixies. Last night, I went to the jukebox and picked "River Euphrates" just to see if other songs from the same album would play.

It played.

Hey, nice song guys. A great band too. I know it was your favorite back when you were listening to that wonderful first year of KAMP, but 1989 is over. Move on.


The jukebox at the Hotel Congress taproom used to have The Fall's "Totally Wired." I put a quarter in and picked it just about everytime I was in there. This may have something to do with why it is not in there anymore.

Che's used to have the King Crimson album Lark's Tongues in Aspic. I'm not sure what sort of sickness prompted this, but I hope the person got help. The night I discovered it was in there was after I waited for a woman who put five dollars in and was only requesting soul and funk songs from the 1970's. I can't remember how long I was there after finally making my selections, but the King Crimson song never came up. The album has since been removed from the machine.


Once, I was at Click's Billiards and somebody that isn't yet over high school picked every song from Dark Side of the Moon in order. After two or three songs, I realized what was happening. I noted it to the guy I was with and he said, "but it's a great album." I hope it wasn't him that did it.

If you need to hear the whole album, you can go home and put it on. I know you have it. You probably played it once today already.

What bummed me out is it meant I had to wait more than a half hour before the songs I had paid for to come on.


Well, I know some friend of mine that loves the Pixies will think that somehow I slighted the band...I didn't so quit complaining.

Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments:
Why are there still jukeboxes? Perhaps for the bartender on a slow night or for the happy go lucky patron that wants to throw a dollar away.

The inventor was surely a sadist. To invent a box that will never let you enjoy your song
and force you to hear the antiquated tunes of others.
You might as well listen to the inane jabberings of your girl.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?