23 lipca 2005

 

TPMP Music Quiz - We Have a Winner

Well, Mexilina didn't get it totally right, but close enough for government work, which is what she does.



What did you win? Geez, what did the last guy win?



TRD Saddletramps versus AzRD Tent City Terrors tonight! Maritza says that I write too much about Roller Derby. So, -sigh- I guess I'll have to not write about it.

Maritza is no fun at all.



José Cancela and Carlos Sequeira
Maritza, can I still write about MLS?

The damn Revs...lost last night to the worst team in the league. Yes, they were missing Dempsey, Noonan and Ralston. Dammit though...

I wrote about Polish soccer, so it is only fair that I write about the big story in Mexican soccer. The coach of my favorite Mexican team, Cruz Azul, Rubén Omar Romano, has been kidnapped (a story in English here). The kidnapping is apparently related to some sort of doping scandal, and is a big part about the growing concern over violence associated with the game. La Máquina Azul has dedicated the cup tournament to him.


Katherine wrote a pro-Canadian response to my missive on James Doohan. Interesingly, she said nothing about my use of the perjorative "Cannuck."

Anyhow, I'll link her blog, This is the Moment. She writes about the Gin Blossoms, so it isn't all bad. She's also got an anti-Tom Reade blog, that, coupled with the anti-Tony Cani blog, indicates how insular our little group is.


The Canadian thing reminds me of a story. Back when I was in student radio, we had a guy named Dave Rooney who, gasp, had actual broadcast experience. He told us about how to make for a good "mix" of music in the program. It mostly has to do with the tempo of the songs. He said that playing a fast tempo song and immediately following it with a slow tempo song is not good.

"You need to play a mid-tempo song. At 96, we used to call it the Bryan Adams rule, because all of his songs seem to work for this."

My friend Rob Ferrier popped up, "Does this work for other Canadian artists, such as Rush or Gordon Lightfoot?"


Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?