31 października 2009

 

Halloween Tale

A couple of Halloweens ago, I went to see Hotel Congress for their annual party. I went with my friend Natalie and my friend Collette. At the end of the night, I had to take both of them home. Collette needed to be dropped off at some neighborhood off of Ft. Lowell. It was one of those oddly laid out neighborhoods in that part of town: short side streets, small duplexes on over-sized lots, architecturally out of place condominiums, higher end trailer parks and of course, no street lighting.

We dropped Collette off at one of those condominiums on one of those short side streets and came back out on to a more main drag to get to Ft. Lowell. On the way, down, I see a woman in a dark dress waving the car down. I hit the breaks but she was swallowed up by the darkness.

Nataile says, "What are you doing?"

"There was a woman waving us down, didn't you see her?"

"Stop it! It's not funny! You know I grew up hearing stories about la Llorona!"

"No, I saw her!"

"Shut up! It isn't funny!"

I did see that woman. I don't know what was up.



Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?