10 czerwca 2009

 

Ronstadt Center, not a Chad Everett Reference

So, I'm stuck carless for a bit. My route to work takes me to the Ronstadt Center every day. Twice a day even.

The other day, I was waiting for the number four. Normally, these leave every ten minutes around this time, but for some reason it took longer. Then I looked around. There wasn't a single bus in the entire center. Those of you that have gone by Ronstadt know that this is highly unusual. I looked out onto Congress and saw no cars. Freaked me out for a couple of minutes.

Finally, a bus pulled in. As that bus pulled in, there was an older lady with a cane that stood on the edge of the curb to get on the bus first. I looked around and missed whatever incident prompted her to start yelling at a guy with a Lewis and Roca briefcase.

She was claiming that he pushed her. "Did you all see that, he knocked my cane away. I'm an old lady. You should be ashamed of yourself," she said.

Just then, the bus pulled up, so I couldn't hear his response to this allegation. She appealed to the crowd to "do something." But no one said anything. I didn't see what happened, but her histrionics made it hard to take her accusations seriously. She ended up boarding the bus first, ahead of the blind woman who thought it was best to hang back.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?