26 czerwca 2009

 

Michael Jackson

My students seem to think that all Michael Jackson was was the bizarre plastic surgery disaster and accused pedophile that we have seen over the past decade. This is probably the greatest tragedy here. I was never a huge fan, but I recognized that he was genuinely talented and did things that are far more lasting than much of the stuff we see on the charts now.

Unfortunately, something about him brought out the worst in tabloid voyeurism and celebrity hanger-on culture. If you need an example: one of the first press conferences I saw was from Al Sharpton. Sheesh.

I also heard an interview with Barry Gordy. Oh, now he cares about the guy's well being?



Oh well...let's just remember the music:




Michael Jackson - Rock with you
by Discodandan




Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?