24 grudnia 2008

 

Responsibilities

I have a new Facebook pal by the name of Bernardo Mendez Lugo. Sr. Mendez used to be an employee of our local Mexican consulate, and is also fluent in Polish. This fact I learned when he heard my last name and threw several rapid phrases at me that I had little hope of keeping up with.

Sr. Mendez posted a link to my blog on his Facebook page and told people they can learn about Polish-Mexicans by checking it out. Well, I haven't been posting much lately, and the content has been lacking in the Polish-Mexican department. Sorry folks. Maybe this is something I should be better about doing for the New Year.


Along those lines, I'll be missing out on Polish mass tonight. I try to go for Christmas Eve, but with family obligations this year, I won't be able to. It's too bad, I really like the tradition of sharing Oplatki with the other congregants after the mass.


I also will miss out on singing carols in Polish. The tunes are the same as for ours, but it is still hard for me to keep up with the melody while tripping on the pronunciation. My southwest borderlands tongue has trouble with making "rz"s and "szcz"'s sound right.

Here is Silent Night with Polish lyrics, plus a YouTube video of a guy doing a great job singing it:

Cicha noc, święta noc,
Pokój niesie ludziom wszem
A u żłobka Matka Święta
Czuwa sama uśmiechnięta
Nad Dzieciątka snem,
Nad Dzieciątka snem.

Cicha noc, święta noc,
Pastuszkowie od swych trzód
Biegną wielce zadziwieni,
Za anielskim głosem pieni
Gdzie się spełnił cud,
Gdzie się spełnił cud.

Cicha noc, święta noc,
Narodzony Boży Syn,
Pan wielkiego majestatu
Niesie dziś całemu światu
Odkupienie win,
Odkupienie win.


I was going to give you the translation, but why not just paste the parts that confuse you over at Poltran.




Feliz Navidad. Wesołych Świąt.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?