05 maja 2008

 

Stone Ave Two Way

Stone Avenue has been two-way for about a week now. Of course, I, your humble correspondent, has some thoughts.

It is actually weird going North on the street. I am getting a perspective on some of those buildings that no driver has gotten since the 1950's. Yeah, not up there with seeing North America from space, but hey.


My first ride down the two-way Stone was early on Saturday morning last week. The street was empty. I expected to see cops, especially since the main police station is right there. I found out later that the cops came out in force on Monday when the traffic was expected to be heavier.

I thought the traffic would be worse along Stone, since all the cars going South would now be squeezed into one lane. Hasn't seemed to have been a problem.

The only trouble has been crossing or turning on to Stone from one of the side streets. I'm still not used to the fact that they have repainted the stripes to allow for left turns. Heck, some of those streets were unpainted before.


I've only seen two folks drive the wrong way. On Saturday morning, there was a guy that slipped into the Northbound lane in an attempt to make a left. I think he did this more because the signs on the center lane telling us that this was now two-way traffic blocked the turn, so he had to make it a bit early.

Last night, a guy was headed right for me. He was going freakin' fast. I flashed my brights and he returned to the Southbound lane behind another car. He was driving a sportscar, and I think hated that he had to be behind someone.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
"I...has some thoughts."

What are you now? A LolCats?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?