26 listopada 2007

 

True Tales From The MLS Cup! (Part 3 - Wherin I make a futile effort to recover from jet lag)

After visiting with the USA fans, I decided to head back to Brittany and Catherine's house for a bit of a nap.

On the way back, I encountered two Houston fans at the Metro station. Although this game was not "huge" by US sports standards, it was hard to spit without hitting folks decked out in orange or blue scarves.

I approached the Houston fans.

"Excuse me, I'm supposed to kick your asses, which one of you first?"

"Oh, me first, just be careful with the face."

I got back to Brittany and Catherine's for an hour long nap. Well...I thought it would be an hour long. I woke up with enough time to take a shower and get on the Metro to Crystal City for yet another supporter's gathering. This one was at a sports bar with the creative name of Crystal City Sports Pub.

The "Pub" was three stories, with the first two floors packed with Rev and Dynamo fans. The third floor was being used by a group of Clemson fans watching a gridiron game. At first sight, we thought the room was full of Houston fans, since they share colors.

Midnight Riders instigator Monty Rodrigues was holding court on the second floor balcony. You could actually hear them clearly from the first floor. It made me wonder what the Clemson fans thought they had gotten into.

I was still remarkably tired, but so was everyone else, so I skedaddled around 9:30 or so. Catherine's admonision to me that I couldn't catch the Metro after 2 AM was well meaning but rather useless that weekend.

Had to wake up early for the big game, right?


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?