06 września 2007

 

More YouTubin'

Del Effin' Shannon. Here he is performing "Keep Searchin'" on Top of the Pops back in Nineteen Hundred and Sixty Five, complete with extras from the next Austin Powers movie.

Okay, before a certain woman writes me, I know Del Shannon's middle name wasn't "Effin'". For that matter, his name wasn't really Del Shannon either.

As fantastic a song as "Runaway" is, I always liked this one more. Don't know why really. (Oh, you can check out a kinescope of Del's performance of that one here. I have no idea what is with the women parading around the podium.) "Keep Searchin'" was Del's final top ten hit here and in the UK, although he made the top 40 several more times.

Had he not committed suicide, Del would be 73 this December.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Ten komentarz został usunięty przez administratora bloga.
 
I can be totally sure that was not me you were refering to.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?