18 lipca 2007

 

Enn-Pea-Arrr-uh


I was listening to All Things Considered yesterday when I heard Michele Norris (or was it Melissa Block?) say something I'd never thought I'd hear her say:

The post-punk band The Fall...
That made my ears perk up. She was introducing Robert Christgau's critique of the band's latest album, Reformation Post-TLC. It is worth a listen.

He compares us Fall fans to Grateful Dead fans, which I take great exception to, and then compares Mark E. Smith to James Brown, which I don't take exception to so much as I don't get where that one comes from.

Interestingly, Rick Carr, who mostly covers technology issues for NPR, is a fan. He had done a review of one album years ago and used to be an active member of the FallNet list.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Yeah, who would want to be compared to Ellen Terry?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?