18 maja 2007

 

Wherein I am Forced to Write a Post About the NBA

Tony Cani went after me the other day for not being able to summon up any outrage over the suspensions of Phoenix Suns players Boris Diaw and Amare Stoudamire. Sorry.

Further, he questioned my credentials as an Arizonan because I am not rooting for the Suns. Dude, it does say Phoenix Suns, donnit? Check my address.

I actually like Steve Nash (although he was one of the long haired dudes that beat the U of A in the 1993 NCAA tournament), and I'm happy when the Suns do well. I also like the fact that the old Suns logo still says "Suns" even when it is upside down. Steve Kerr played there for a while, that's always a plus. On the minus side, one of the Suns' original owners was Don Diamond.

Anyhow, I've read a lot of the handwringing about the suspension of these two. Near as I can tell, they did break a rule. Yeah, throw something at me, but they do know the rules. I find this premise that key players shouldn't be punished because it could ruin a game is a pretty dangerous road to travel down. Anyhow, they will be back tonight, and San Antonio Spurs player Robert Horry, the guy that started the trouble, will still be out tonight.

Anyway, go Suns. Happy, Tony?


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I'm rooting for the Tucson Gunners, so is Eric Lybeck.
 
They're Smokin'.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?