21 maja 2007

 

Damn Those Canadians

From Heather Mitt's MySpace Blog:

Hi Everyone. This is a blog which I was hoping I would never have to write, but everything happens for a reason. Oh Canada, I tore my ACL Saturday in the game. I knew immediately but of course was holding out hope it was cartilage until I recieved my MRI. Its pretty devastating but what can you do? Crying and feeling sorry aren't going to do anything but set me back so, I am just looking forward to getting back out there and to be stronger, faster and better than before. What doesn't kill us, just makes us stronger and I do believe that. For some odd reason, I just wasn't destined to play in a World Cup. I had an injury before 2003 WC and then came back to win a Gold in Greece, so I am hoping the same thing will happen just in 08 in Bejing. Thanks to all of you who have written me emails and comments. Your support really brings a smile to my face and motivates me to get back as fast as I can. I didn't think it was possible to be more motivated than I already am but now I know, that I can be. Surgery next week or the following and the countdown begins. I will give you all updates. In the meantime, my team is playing a few games here before heading over to China. I might not be there but we could continue to use your support. Thanks again and talk soon. Ciao. -Heather
Mitts was out of the game after being taken down by one of Canada's midfielders. She did manage an assist on our second goal, crossing the ball to Lindsay Tarpley.

I wasn't that impressed with Canada's play. I know everyone keeps calling them "physical," but they just came off as hacks to me. Photos of the game clearly show, for example, Canadian 'keeper Erin McLeod holding and taking down Carli Lloyd.

Anyway, good luck on your recovery, Heather.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?