24 kwietnia 2007

 

Spoiler Alert!

I just realized last night that Heroes has ripped off a major plot line from the Watchmen. I'll keep watching though.

You may remember that the main plot line in the Watchmen involved Ozymandias causing a disaster in a major city in the hopes it would cause the whole world to band together. There were also a couple of characters (Dr. Manhattan and, just like in Heroes, an artist) who had ways of seeing what was about to happen and knew about it. As Rohrschach would say, hrm.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
One could argue that the Tim Kring and the writers "borrowed" all their story elements from the Heroes characters to the plot. In fact, every time they introduce a new character, I usually can identify a Marvel analogue (I was never a DC person), except for maybe Hana aka Wireless.

The fact that people who did read comics can find Heroes a near knock-off is not surprising. Comics has been around since the 1930s, and I am sure that during that time almost every plot under the sun has been explored, including time travel and time paradoxes (my favorite type of storyline).

Despite this, I still love Heroes. The writers are still doing a great job! The next episode is never soon enough! :)
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?