10 kwietnia 2007

 

Another Chapter in the "Ad Men Not Listening to the Lyrics" Files

I thought it was funny a couple of years ago when the WNBA started using Liz Phair's "Extraordinary" to advertise their league. No one noticed that the song seems to be about a woman stalking some guy.

I saw it again on another ad put forward as a "Girl Power" anthem. Sample lyric:

Yeah, I drive naked through the park
And run the stop sign in the dark
Stand in the street, yell out my heart
To make, to make you love me

I am extraordinary, if you'd ever get to know me
I am extraordinary, I am just your ordinary
Average every day sane psycho
Supergoddess
Average every day sane psycho
Hey, I love Liz Phair as much as the next guy. (Maybe more...too much?) But geez, lets be a bit more, I dunno, selective.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Is this were we call you stalker?
 
God,

Now I am going to have to hear that Damn Song all season.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?