07 marca 2007

 

Happy Birthday, You Complete Bastard

Today is Rik Mayall's birthday. People my age (see, I'm old and I can do that now) remember him as, well, Rick, from the Young Ones. He also starred in a number of other off kilter comedies like The New Statesman and Bottom, as well as the movie Drop Dead Fred.

Because I'm addicted to posting embedded video now, I'm posting a classic scene from the Young Ones from the episode Bambi, where Rick and the boys represent their school on a College Bowl style program. Yes, Lord Monty is Hugh Laurie and Miss Money Sterling is Emma Thompson.



Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I love the Young Ones but I saw it on DVD a few years ago as I was only a toddler when it was on TV.

My favorite episode is the one where Vyvyan tells everyone he is pregnant and makes Neil get a job.

And I did like that special bit they had where everyone was part of Dallas for some reason.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?