14 lutego 2007

 

Lis: Szpada i Róża

Monday, Telemundo premiered a telenovela called Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa. It is being aired every night this week at 8:00 PM and again at 10:35 PM.

So far I like it, but being me, I have a couple of gripes. One is that the music occasionally gets so overwelming that it is hard to hear the dialogue. Being that my Spanish is so shaky, I probably shouldn't complain about this too much. The series website shows the actors being trained in fencing, but so far, the fencing has been of the "each soldier runs up to Zorro in turn, Zorro disarms soldier" variety. But hey, why the heck should I complain? Marlene Favela is in nearly every scene as the villain's youngest sister, Esmeralda Sanchez.

The telenovela is based on Isabel Allende's 2005 novel rather than Johnston McCauley's Curse of Capistrano, published way back in 1919.

The theme song is called "Amor Gitana" and is sung by Alejandro Fernandez and...wait for it...

Beyonce.

Yes, I said that right. She can sing in Spanish, who knew?

Anyway, my brother is having me tape all the episodes for him because apparently Phoenix doesn't allow Spanish language television or something.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
nope, no spanish TV up here...we are wrong like that. :p

He should have asked for TiVO for his "I am really old" birthday.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?