09 stycznia 2007

 

Wanda Jackson!

So, I was telling a friend who will remain nameless that Wanda Jackson is going to be playing at Plush next week.

"Who's Wanda Jackson?"

I must educate everyone, that is the cross that I bear.

Wanda Jackson is the Queen of Rockabilly. That's it. What more can I say. How does one become Queen of Rockabilly? Well, you tour with Elvis Presley at the age of sixteen and sing snarling songs and play guitar at a time when women just didn't do stuff like that.

I found some videos on You Tube of the old days. Unfortunately, the newer stuff on there seems to be mostly fifteen and twenty second snippets of shows. I did find some older stuff though, and one newer clip of her performing "Fujiyama Mama," suprisingly a hit a Japan.




Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
You could have mentioned what day.
 
Well...not like you can go.

She will be up in your area on the 18th at the Rhythm Room.
 
Not with judicial college for either time actually but I was refering to the 1,632,465,215,751 other adoring fans.

Did you at least figure out how to make the CD?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?