17 stycznia 2007

 

I'm Getting Old, Part XVII

I heard the Buzzcocks on an ad yesterday. The ad was for...

...the AARP.

Yes, that's right, the "active seniors" in the ad are rocking out to "Everybodys Happy Nowadays." Geez.

Yes, Pete Shelley is only four years away from being able to join the AARP, but that's not my point.


I poked around on You Tube for a video of the song. I know that there is some footage of them performing it on Top of the Pops (well, lipsynching really, it's sort of a Manchester version of American Bandstand), but I couldn't find it, which stunned me. A few years ago they released a video called Buzzcocks: Playback which featured it, and it seems that all the other videos from there have been uploaded. Oh well.

Also, I thought that there would be a posting of the commercial already. It took like, I dunno, ten minutes before a Fall fan posted the Mitsubishi ad.

I found this one of them playing "Sixteen Again" on the Old Grey Whistle Test.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Ten komentarz został usunięty przez administratora bloga.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?