28 stycznia 2007

 

Body of Water

I've heard complaints from many of you that I haven't put up a new post in a while. To which I respond, look at yourself. I mean, what have you done to get more material for this site?


Tom found this on YouTube. Before there was Giant Sand, there were the Giant Sandworms. The name was a bit longer but made more sense. In addition to Howe Gelb, this line up included original Giant Sandmen and Tucson scene stalwarts Scott Garber and Dave Seger. On drums is the tragic Billy "Sed" Sedylmayr.

This video was for the song "Body of Water," which didn't appear on either of their EP's (Will Wallow and Roam, Live at the Wildcat House). This was shown several times (I know 'casue I saw it) on The Rock and Roll Picture Show, which KGUN produced and aired on Saturday nights for a few years in the early 1980's. This means Tucsonans had a choice between watching videos on channel 9, or the Charles Rocket/Gilbert Godfried Saturday Night Live cast on channel 4. I think channel 13 was showing reruns of The Blue Knight, I'm not sure.

Dave Seger is instantly recognizable by his stance and gestures, which haven't changed in the intervening quarter century.

Why is it that Howe seems to be the only one that hasn't aged? Does he have some picture in a closet?


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Well State's Day is coming up Ted...you could do something in relation to that.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?