17 grudnia 2006

 

Saddletramps 139 - Muñecas Muertas 28

The Saddletramps delivered a beating to the Duke City Derby travel squad, Muñecas Muertas last night. The Muñecas had a great deal of trouble even scoring in the first period, only scoring five points in the first third of the match. They didn't even have a lead jammer until the second jam in the second period.

They aren't a bad team, however. They defeated Pikes Peak and Rocky Mountain (Rocky Mountain is a "mid-table" team), and you could see flashes of maturity in their change of strategy from the first period to the second.

Two of their jammers, Muffin (Muffin?) and Katie Chingas, were quite impressive. Their trouble was the Saddletramp blockers were unimpressed and rarely let them by.

Kudos to Liberty Valenzela and Randi Canyon. Canyon started delivering major (but clean) hits to any Muñecas within reach early on, making it difficult for them to put anything together in the first period. As for Valenzuela...how does someone so small manage to take up so much space?

Bonus kudos to brand new jammer Tumbleweed.


Something I haven't done: AZ Night Buzz has the Rock n Roller blog, written by a guy named Kevin Smith who I have been assured does not know Matt Damon. The Rock n Roller blog gets regular updates from TRD's massive press operation, which I don't (I am so jealous). I base my "reporting" entirely on poorly sourced rumors and unfounded innuendo. Kind of like my political blog. I will add the Rock n Roller blog to my "Beautiful Games" links.


During the breaks between periods, the announcers interviewed wrestlers. God help us.


I don't know who the DJ was, but he played The Fall. Twice. We fans were treated to "Totally Wired" and "Telephone Thing."


I brought my melodica so I could play the charge that organ players at baseball games do when it got quiet. That darned thing isn't very loud after all.


The date for a match against AzRD's Tent City Terrors was announced for January 20th. Sheriff Shutyerpaio may need to, well, shut her pai-o after that one.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Wrestlers at a Roller Derby match?

Am I the only one who does not get that?
 
Hey, idiot, if you read my Web site's promo for the derby thing (finally I did one, and you didn't even fucking notice???) you'd know that Andrew Gardner (of La Cerca) was DJ Andrew Eno. Previously he's gone as DJ Dead Kids at Surly. He's a Fall freak. And, of course, and Eno freak. Jesus, Ted, don't try and tell me you're too busy to read MY Web site.

Umm...that acid tone was supposed to be in jest. Have a nice day.
 
Oh...I thought they said Brian Eno...I was hoping to hear him whip out Baby's on Fire.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?