09 listopada 2006

 

It's Mark E. Smith's World, We Only Live In It

I was watching TV last night and the new Mitsubishi ad came on. I thought, naw...that can't be the bass line to "Blindness," which is on the Fall's latest album, Fall Heads Roll. The song kept going, and there was Mark E. Smith's voice saying, "I was walking down the street..."



This is probably the first time in the US that the Fall's music has shown up in an ad, but not the first time ever. A couple of years ago, the song "Touch Sensitive" was used in a UK Vauxhall advertisement.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
The first thing I am buying with my first check from my new job is the Fall's cover of I Hate You.
 
It's on the album Extricate. When they did the song, MES didn't know the name of it, so they did it as "Black Monk Theme"
 
Ten komentarz został usunięty przez administratora bloga.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?