11 listopada 2006

 

And, of Course, This Year I Don't Have the Money To Go...

Sunday, it's the Revs versus the Houston Dynamo. What sucks is, I don't have any way of twisting the name "Houston Dynamo" into some other profane name, like I could with, say Red Bulls or DC United. Darnit.

Actually, I like the Houston Dynamo. I can't gin up hatred against these guys. I can't even do it on nationality, since their markee internationals are Canadian. How does one generate bile against Canadians? I guess I should ask Dennis Leary.

Plus, they wear orange. They are just like Johann Cruijff.


Anyway, I predict a Revolution victory. It will be 1-0, low scoring because both Matt Reis and Pat Onstad are incredible goalkeepers. Unlike the Revs playoff oponents (Chicago and DC United), they don't have any sort of intense rivalry that will result in the sort of on-field outrage that we condemn but all secretly love to see. It will be a clean low scoring match.


Khano Smith will score. Why? Because he seems to be trashed by many Revs fans, and there seems to be a tradition of the not-so-bad-but-hated-by-the-fans player scoring the big goal in an MLS Cup. Remember, the Galaxy's winning goal against the Revs in last year's MLS Cup was scored by Pando Ramirez. Not only was Ramirez disliked by the fans, but he was traded before the opening of the next season.


Besides, the Revs can win this on diet alone.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
was that doughnut thing a publicity stunt or does playing soccer professionally in this country pay that little?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?