25 września 2006

 

I Should Post Something New, Shouldn't I?

So, I was playing the final game of the season over at Bladeworld. The sweat rolled down my face and stung my eyes. I thought to myself, "I really shouldn't be using Monoxodyl before I play soccer..."

Then I thought, if I'm using Monoxodyl, should I still be playing soccer?


Speaking of soccer, I watched a bit of a game between Calcio Catania and Messina. One player, with the very italian name of Guiseppi Mascara, was yellow carded early on for "simulation." For you who don't follow the intricacies of FIFA directives, that means playing like he was actually hit even though no one was anywhere near him. Nice to see the Italian league cracking down on such things. Italian soccer players have spent generations honing this skill though, it will be difficult for them to change tactics now.

Later, with his team down a goal, he scored, then took off his shirt. This is a second yellow card...so he was kicked out of the game only for being stupid. Messina and Catania ended the game in a 2-2 draw.


Typical of American sportscasters, FIFA's order that shirt-removing players be carded is termed the "Brandi Chastain Rule." The rule came out years after Chastain's famous celebration and had nothing to do with her. I can't recall anybody complaining that Chastain took off her shirt, least of all me.


There is a new captain on Law and Order: Criminal Intent played by Eric Bogosian. Bogosian is enormously talented, and has appeared on Law and Order before as a defense attorney. But, I have a real hard time seeing the guy as a career cop.


I heard the new Bon Jovi song, "Who Says You Can't Go Home?", on the radio last night. It sounded a heck of a lot like the Sidewinders. Very scary.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I had to look up Monoxodyl on the internet.

And it involves Married With Children which cannot be a good thing.
 
Then I thought, if I'm using Monoxodyl, should I still be playing soccer?

You'll enjoy watching Abundis's hairline, then. Assuming Nicol gives him a run out (looked like his big obstacle was "can't talk to anyone on the field except Pepe")
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?