13 sierpnia 2006

 

Al Perry/The Jons/Greyhound Soul/Zsa Zsas

Okay...I got there too late to see Al Perry. But, I did get in free thanks to the lovely and talented Amy Muñoz.


Okay...this picture didn't come out so good. This is the twin horn attack of Jon Villa (any relation?) and Javier Gamez of The Jons. Excellent show as usual. Their style is Rock en Español with, um, English lyrics.

For some reason, people were standing far from the stage. It's not like they weren't into the show, they just were standing far away. A Hotel Congress employee that I didn't recognize tried to encourage people to stand closer. Strange.

I'm just guessing...but I think they own a couple Café Tacuba albums.



Greyhound Soul leader Joey Peña and Jason de Corse. This was the best I've seen them in a long time. The last show that I caught them at was when they played at the Hut a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately, that time they wallowed in that "we are sensitive, dammit!" mode. This time, they rocked. Or..."rawked," actually.



Under vaudeville traditions, the best act was actually second to last. The closing act would be something like a guy playing Welsh folk songs with a kazoo and washboard or a strange looking woman juggling wooden spoons. In other words, the last act would be the one to drive people out of the theater.

I don't know why I would bring that up.


I'm having a devil of a time uploading the rest of my photos. I'll put those up later.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
No Roger Clyne comments? I am disappointed.

Tom
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?