22 czerwca 2006

 

GHA 2 - USA 1

One thought: remember Steve Sampson and the 3-6-1? Yeah, none of us want to. I always thought that 4-5-1 sounded about as bad. I guess I was right.


Will we ever have two decent World Cups in a row?

1930: Semi-Finalist
1934: Eliminated by Italy in first game, 7-1 (The only World Cup with no group play)

1950: Knocked out in first round, but defeated smug favorites England, eliminating them from tournament
1990: Failed to qualify for fourty years, then bounced out in the first round

1994: Qualified for second round, defeated by eventual champions Brazil
1998: Humilated with no first round victories

2002: Made it to the quarter finals
2006: Well, you know


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I nearly cried at work today. My coworker Stephen (who was rooting for Ghana) is going to be impossible to live with now.
 
I'd be a lot less upset if I hadn't seen us go down to a team that did nothing but cheat, dive, and waste time. I hope Brazil fucking tears them to pieces, because Ghana do not deserve their success.
 
Is it just me or was the refereeing for our guys really crappy?
 
Is it just me or was the refereeing for our guys really crappy?

I was not the only one who left the game yesterday convinced FIFA wanted us out.
 
I hate that, judge fair or get out.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?