17 maja 2006

 

UEFA Final

Okay, only Prairie and Ed Lova will be able to say a darned thing about this but...

What the heck was with that red card? I mean, it was clearly an "advantage" call since Barcelona was able to score, and if the standard is "last man," that clearly was not met since he was able to pass to another player.

I love both teams, and was happy with the game. 'Cept that Arsenal seemed to think they could sit on a one goal lead when they were playing the best offense in the history of mankind. Heck, Ronaldinho alone is the best offense in human history...

Sorry, the rest of you will have to just put up with this post.


The commentators were decent...former Colorado Rapid Marcello Balboa, Tommy Smyth, Derek Rae (I remember him when he had no accent) and former Rev Janusz Michallik. Adrian Healy and Seamus Malin made appearances too, along with, of all people Anthony LaPaglia. For those who don't know, LaPaglia played on the Australian National U-18 team as a goalkeeper. He also plays goal for Hollywood United, a well known amateur team in Los Angeles.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I was getting tired of all the freaking music posts. I expect three things from this blog: soccer (which I never get because well I never watch the game but I do pick up the odd bit of news on NPR), music (bands and musicians I generally have either never heard of or heard), and a smattering of physics, science and the occasional dead person. Some would say that is more then three, but those people are anal retentive.

And now off to do some walking for something...

"I'm running and I won't touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

I'm on the road and now I pray it lasts
The road behind was rocky
But now I'm feeling cocky"

I did change the lyrics a bit but what song was that?
 
yeah, that final was one of the most boring games i have seen in a while...





soccer fan sidenote: you could have said UEFA CL final since it was the Champions League and not the UEFA cup final :P
 
Well...Ed...EVERYONE knows I couldn't have been talking about the UEFA Cup Final because that was two weeks ago.

Maybe it was the UEFA Cup Winners Cup?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?