26 maja 2006

 

Am I the Only One That Is Educated Around Here?

So, my brother reads the news, turns to me and asks, "Who is Desmond Dekker?"

Wow, man, you suck. I am supposed to care when he has lunch with one of the Sadies, but he doesn't know who Desmond Dekker was. That's like not knowing who Bill Haley was.


To help Tom, and the rest of you, here is a clip of Dekker, who died this week, performing his song "Israelites." The song was a mild hit here and helped break Jamaican music world wide. I think that it was not called Reggae yet when he did it; I think it was still "Rocksteady." Someone can correct me on that one.




Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I have never had lunch with the Sadies. I do not think I ever will, since they are Canadian.

Foo.
 
What, they don't fly planes up there?
 
Ten komentarz został usunięty przez administratora bloga.
 
Thanks, Tedski. I never knew that he was such a good- looking clean cut young fellow!

But I thought everybody, even non-ubergeek audiophiles, had seen Jacob's Ladder!
 
Isn't it called "doing" lunch?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?