26 kwietnia 2006

 

An Unforseen Disadvantage

I'm a tall guy driving a small car. But the so-called "new Bug" is actually quite roomy inside, I have more head clearance than I did when I drove a Dodge pick-up truck. The Beetle also includes a dashboard that could comfortably accomodate a three course meal for two. I haven't found a use for that yet, but it's there.

There is one odd problem that I have encountered: when I am stopped at a traffic light, I often can't see it. This happens at many corners when I am stopped right at the intersection; it is not a problem when I am a car or two back. The celing of the car wraps down just far enough that I cannot see the higher placed traffic light that is in front of me, and the rear view mirror blocks the lower light to my right. This doesn't seem to happen at all corners; it is almost as if it is a result of the way newer traffic lights are built. I often have to hunch down a bit to change the angle so the lights can be seen.

Why am I telling you this? It has been bothering me for a long time and I need to tell someone.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Sounds like the perfect reason to get a chauffeur.
 
I am all for the dinner by dashboard. Crossroads Drive In or Pat's Chili Dogs anyone?
 
I am at the other side of the spectrum being a mighty tall 5'1. I have very similar problems with lights and street signs. Perhaps they are meant to be difficult for everyone.
 
I have a chauffeur...but that is because I refuse to get a car.
 
Aww but Ted, you look so cute in your bug! You just need to wash it more often.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?