30 kwietnia 2006

 

High and Dry

Friday night they had a showing of High and Dry for the first time since the Club Congress 20th anniversary celebration back in September. I missed it that time around. The Screening Room over on Congress was full of people who had been scenesters. This made the showing more like an irreverent slide show with some slightly drunk friends. People felt the need to comment and react.

For example:

The guys from Johnny Sevin talked about their early shows at Tumbleweeds, a bar that hosted both punks and bikers. One guy talked about how the band wore make up and had weird hair, and the bikers thought that they were probably homosexual. A guy two rows behind me said "You were!"

The guys from Thai Pink/Black Supersuckers/Supersuckers described how they had to drop "Black" from their name (probably for the similar reasons that they had to ditch the moniker "Thai Pink"). A row behind me: Rachel Sharp, whose complaints about the name "Black Supersuckers" when they were booked in the cellar back in 1990 probably led them to name change. Rachel shouted "That was me!"

They showed a bit from the Sidewinders video for "Witchdoctor," a Hip Clip of the Week on MTV way back when. When David Slutes appeared on the screen with all that overly done blonde hair do and those shorts that just screamed "1989," the whole audience laughed.

Also making an appearance: Luke "Grey Balloon" Knipe. He stumbled around for a bit, and apparently became angry at something and left in a huff after some undetermined fraction of the movie.

So, Toubassi, no Fells? No Lonely Trojans? No Host? What is up with that?


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
so what are you going to be doing the weekend/day whatever of that soccer game you have a countdown for?
 
I plan to watch Costa Rica upset Germany and Poland beat Ecuador. What else?

"That soccer game"? It's the WORLD CUP!
 
hahaha, I never seem to say the right thing around you. :p
 
Tedski do you ever ref?
 
No...I'd rather bitch about the refs.

Did any one read the post? I'm curious.
 
I thought comments that went off on tangents was not only encouraged, but good for business.

Pardon me... now back on subject...

Wow!! Tedski your obsevations were brilliant! I was not left high and dry with your candid depiction of the screening. I regret that I missed such a riveting social event!

Tongue now removed from cheek ;->
 
I remember it involves a movie that probably was made before I was born.
 
It was made last year.

Unless of course, you were born yesterday...
 
Actually, Chris Morrison of the Lonely Trojans was in the movie. Mr. Tobassi tells me that he really wanted to include the Fells, but some guy who had footage of them wouldn't give it up.
 
Since I am a lefty Dem Ted, obviously not. :p
 
Well you can at least get your Lonely Trojans fix right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2UPwnaFyPY
 
Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?