16 kwietnia 2006

 

Club Crawl 2006 - Sand Rubies


Rich Hopkins and David Slutes of the Side Rubies or the Sand Winders, I can't remember which. Shortly before the show, I met this woman named Kourtnie that knew the words to every damn song. This would have been more disturbing, 'cept I knew all of the words too.

Of course, she did drive out from San Diego for the show. So, maybe it is disturbing...


Their new bass player is either named Ana or Anna...I guess it would depend on her ethnicity. I saw her a while before the show struggling to move her gear. I had no idea who she was, I just saw her struggling with an amp. It had those tiny plastic wheels, which turn out to be more useless than no wheels at all. Anyway, she is the first female member of the band since the lovely and talented Diane Padilla left in 1989.

I saw Diane at roller derby on Saturday by the way.

Rich Hopkins, playing that one note that made him so big on alternative radio back in 1993.


At one point, some wag shouted for "Freebird," Anna/Ana actually played it. Well, a bit of it anyway. My shouts for "Love '88" were once again, ignored.

Anna/Ana could have pulled off "Love '88," she has a voice like Andrea Curtis.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Well...at least you aren't driving all the way from Bergen or Trenton to come to a show!

Keep listening!
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?