27 lutego 2006

 

Some Dust Devil Pics

One of the things I discovered was that it is a heck of a lot easier to take pictures of fans than of people actually, I dunno, skating.

I saw people taking pictures with their camera phones. Given that I was using an actual camera and couldn't do it, who knows how good those came out.

Anyhow, this guy's name is Kostas, he's a fan of the Gotham City Roller Derby. Earlier this year, he drove 2000 miles to Austin to see his team compete. He told me that in five years, Roller Derby will be on ESPN and be bigger than the Super Bowl.


Earlier, I mentioned Holly Caust of the Heavy Metal Hookers (Philly Roller Girls) as the most tasteless roller girl name. Here she is. Philly didn't compete, but she promises that they will be here next year. And no, she didn't do that because I pissed her off.

Oh yeah, she insisted I take this, um, alternative portrait, and she insisted that I post it. Really. I am not making that up. I told her that I wanted to take a picture of her face, but she said no...this first.

Martiza Lopez complains when I have roller girl pics up. She'll really complain about this one. She also complains that I never mention her. Hi, Maritza. Get back to work.


By the way, I missed another great name for the big list, Tara Hymen. I never found out what league she competes in.



On the right is Texas announcer Julio Eyeglasses, and on the left is a hard core Texas fan. Julio sang an impromptu number with Mariachi Reyes. Yes, Mariachi Reyes played the roller derby, along with Knockout Pills. Not at the same time though.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Did you get her number at least Ted?
 
Naw...she's got a guy...and she lives in Philadelphia.
 
Dude, that F'n rocks!!! I am so jealous that you were able to go and see all three days and get such great picks! Holly's go a great butt, she was right to insist on the alternate portrait. Roller Derby will be bigger than the super bowl, and I can't wait!
 
You mean she did not leap at the chance to move to a place that is hotter then heck up to 9 months out of the year and date you?

I do not understand the New England mind at all.
 
Proof positive that Mariachi Reyes is Tucson's wackiest Mariachi Band, even without Ruben Moreno.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?