30 stycznia 2006

 

US 5 - Norway 0; TAY-lor TWELL-man


Heh heh.

I love the result here for a couple of reasons. The obvious one is that we defeated a European opponent, one that didn't qualify for the World Cup but is always a contender, by five goals, our largest margin against a UEFA opponent ever. In fact, the defense managed to hold Norway to two (two!) shots on goal for all ninety minutes. We so rock...we'll beat Brazil. Embarass them. Yeah, we will.

The other reason is it gives me one of those chances to put club over country. Three of those goals were scored by Taylor Twellman, the forward for the New England Revolution. For some reason, the media has never picked him out as "Da Man," they seem to be too busy blowing smoke up Landon Donovan's ass. He's a really remarkable player who is a joy to watch when he is "on." I don't think he was given a serious look by Bruce Arena for the World Cup Squad, but I think this performance will change that.


By the way, other Rev players on the squad included Clint Dempsey, who scored an assist and Pat Noonan, who also tallied an assist. I guess they could have scored goals if Twellman didn't score so many.


Oh yeah, Golden Boy Donovan? The savior of American soccer? A single assist in the 87th minute.

I know that's better than I've ever done, even in the podunk league I play in. But, I'm entitled to make fun of him anyway because he's a jerk.


By the way, the Norwegian squad included a guy named Alex Valencia and a guy named Tomasz Sokolowski. What is up with that?


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
His torso makes any consideration of his personality and/or character completely unnecesssary. That's okay right? No body expects Jennifer Lopez or Paris Hilton to be a decent human being, do they? So let's go ahead and objectify boys, too! You know, in the interest of equality or something.....
 
Yeah...but I bet Taylor looks better than Landon with his shirt off. Not that I'm looking.

I'm straight...I'll have to post more pics of Brandi Chastain to prove it.
 
I agree with Anonymous.

But no pictures of that woman Ted...what is up with that?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?