22 grudnia 2005

 

See Mom, Eyes a Teevee Star

Fox Soccer Channel and Major League Soccer produced two episodes of something called MLS Pictures this year. They were highlights of playoff games and the final done like those NFL Films highlight shows, complete with pretentious naration by Edward James Olmos.

Check out the MLS Cup edition of the show. I finally had a chance to see it and I'm in it! Check it out at 13:30. Yeah, you all laugh, but how many of you been on Fox Soccer Channel? That's what I thought.

Probably the only time I'll be on FSC, since Barcelona missed their chance to make me sweeper.


Of course, just like the naration in NFL Films, it contains lines that are beautifully overdone:
...their potent strike force of Pat Noonan, Clint Dempsey and league MVP Taylor Twellman have sliced up defenses like med school cadavers...

Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I always had contempt for NFL films. Even as an impressionable child, I recognized that the grainy film quality and the bogus war rhetoric were pretentious. I didn't even know the word "pretentious" yet.

I guess what really capped my disdain for NFL Films and the NFL as an institution was when I once heard Rush Limbaugh praise NFL films in his uniquely wordy, rambling way. He seemed to praise them for the fact that they edited footage, something that all fim-makers do.

Anyway, it is sad to see that MLS thinks that they have to ape this particular phenomenon. I hope that they don't adopt the other silly trappings of the NFL in an attempt to succeed in the Anglo-American market.
 
I saw it, and I think it is awe inspiring! Ted failed to mention that he is in the film. Rawk out!!!
 
Um...I did mention I was in the film...
 
Okay, so I didn't really read the post very well...

tom is a bleeding heart liberal if ever there was one!!!
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?