29 grudnia 2005

 

¿Mande?

I kinda figured I'd have a lot of "me" time, so I rented a Polish movie this weekend called With Fire and Sword (Ogniem i Mieczem). I've seen it before. A while back, for some crazy reason, some of my students actually wanted to watch it so I showed it to them. They actually enjoyed it.

The movie is in Polish, but has subtitiles. One of the other teachers told me, "Hey, it's okay, look, they are reading!"

A strange trick of linguistics happened then, but also happened the other day when I had the movie on. There is a line that the subtitles say is "It isn't far." My students insisted when they saw the subtitle that the character is clearly saying "No está lejos." Well, the character is saying "To nie jest daleko." Tom thought that it sounded like Spanish when he saw it the other day too.


The movie stars Izabella Scorupco, who many of you recognize from Goldeneye. I only mention that so I can put her picture up.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
I need to find a nice lady who is willing to go to Tucson to date you Ted.
 
Sean Bean was in Goldeneye. Where's his picture?
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?