21 grudnia 2005

 

Man, You Totally Suck

Strange moment occurred during tonight's Fiesta Bowl Tournament Final between the University of Arizona and Western Kentucky. At one point, Chris Rodgers lost his shoe. One of the Hilltopper coaches picked up the shoe when the play moved to the other side of the court. To his credit, Rodgers was able to move pretty well with only one shoe.

A time out was called shortly afterward. Then the Hilltopper coach that picked up Rodger's shoe threw it at him. Not to him, but at him. At the time, the Hilltoppers were ahead.

The crowd booed. I don't know why no one called a technical. When I was with the Tucson Amigos, our coach got red carded in a game against the El Paso Patriots for a heck of a lot less.


One more strange moment: one Western Kentucky player attempted a three pointer, and the coach called a time out...just as the ball swished in. WKU was four points behind at the time. The coach messed that one up. The jerk deserved it.


Prairie Clayton will be happy to know that the Cheer Stix that she tried to throw away at the MLS Cup came in handy. When she, Mike and I went to the section early to put up the signs, she tried to throw all of the packets away. I rescued a couple of packets. The Midnight Riders hate the things because they have drums and other noise makers that are not as lame.

Anyhow, I used them at the game tonight. I think I was the only one in the crowd with a set. Only one was red, so the colors were not quite right. Much to my chagrin, they were red and black, the colors of DC Effin' United.

I have no idea if they are actually allowed at McKale.


Speaking of lame: is there any more lame chant in the history of organized sports than "Dee-Fense! Dee-Fense!"? Anyone shout "Off-Ense! Off-Ense!" when your team has the ball? Does any player say "Wow, I guess I'd better get over to that side of the court...thanks guys!"?

To make things even more lame, when the other team gets the ball, there is actually a recording played over the public address system that says "Dee-Fense! Dee-Fense!" Just in case we fans don't notice that the team wearing the other jersey is dribbling the ball.


I found out that my old supervisor at America Online, Lance Jones, is one of the Fiesta Bowl Committee. He is a really decent guy. Also, he was an extra in Tank Girl.

He's about my age and African-American. Which is nice, since it seems that the Fiesta Bowl Committee is nearly entirely white guys in their 50's and 60's.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
wasn't everyone an extra in "tank girl"? I know i was.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?