18 listopada 2005

 

Last Pics

Okay...my last pictures from the weekend. Considering it took me two weeks to post all of the pictures from the Club Congress anniversary, I think I'm doing okay.

Actually, I never did finish those. I may have to post the River Roses pictures some day.


Prairie Clayton has some pics posted on her site now. She's got pics of the after match party too. I didn't get to go to that...-snif-

Leo Lives Forever in Our Hearts
This picture I grievously stole from Prairies's site. It's me in my Leonardo Squadrone jersey just before game 2 of the fan tournament. Someone noted to me that Squadrone was the second slowest player ever to play in the league. This led to an argument between him and this other guy about whether Alexi Lalas was actually slower. This is normal sports fan stuff, arguments that can never actually be settled. Like, "Who would win a curling match, the 1985 Chicago Bears or the 1975 Cincinatti Reds?"

One guy called me "Leo" for most of the weekend. He knew my name, but he just wanted to call me Leo.

Prairie noted that this is from the "Paleolithic Era." Naw. Paleolithic would be a Bethlehem Steel jersey. Neolithic would be a New York Cosmos jersey (I have one). Squadrone? Bronze age.

By the way, notice the shorts. Those are USA Lacrosse shorts.












Pre-game warm-ups.


Michael Parkhurst
, closeup just for Doralina.





Slyde!


Various members of the MLS All-Time Best 11. They are led here by Tony Meola, and they include Milosevic apologist Predrag "Preki" Radislajevich. Meola wished us all luck as he walked by and was greeted by calls of "Retire Fat Man!" Tough crowd.


LA Galaxy mascot Cozmo just moments before being bodyslammed by Slyde.


Not even the Jumbotron can contain his ego.


Not a really good picture...but it gives you an idea how close I was.


Monty Rodrigues was relentless in heckling this linesman. The guy made the biggest mistake possible, he looked over at Monty when he said something. Dude, that only encourages him.


Despite the loss, the Revs came over to our section to acknowledge our support. Matt Reis even threw his gloves to us.



Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?