12 października 2005

 

Micah Ian Wright

So, I got an e-mail the other day from Micah Wright, a guy I haven't heard from in years. I knew Micah at the U of A through his work with Comedy Corner. Micah told my brother once that I inadvertently inspired him to join the group when I was brought up on stage to do a sketch with them. Either, my fearlessness was inspiring to him, or he looked at me and said "geez, if that bozo can pull it off, anyone can..."

Micah has been in Los Angeles working on various animation and graphic novel projects. He did some work with DC Comics for a while, as well as Nickelodeon. Apparently, he lost his job with Nickelodeon after trying to unionize the place. In my twisted world, this qualifies him for sainthood.

He was always interested in propoganda posters, and has two books out of his new takes on them: You Back the Attack and We'll Bomb Who We Want and If You're Not a Terrorist Then Stop Asking Questions. Both books have earned praise from no less than Kurt Vonnegut and Howard Zinn.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
we must play pool this weekend
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?