28 października 2005

 

How Flair is Punished!

George Best, the former Manchester United and Los Angeles Aztecs great, is "critically ill" in a London hospital.

A few years ago, Best got a liver transplant. He had to quit alchohol for 12 months just to be eligible, but started drinking again after the operation. This became a huge contraversey in Britain, given how many less famous non-drinkers needed transplants.

Best is one of the two greatest players that never played in a World Cup, the other being Liberian presidential candidate George Weah. This wasn't because of any lack of skill on his part; he played for Northern Ireland, which never qualified. He came up in the mid-1960's, when soccer players started becoming "stars" (some blame the Beatles for this.) He "retired" at age 26, then played in the United States.

Best famously said, "I spent all my money on birds, booze and fast cars, the rest I just squandered..." See, and look where it got you, Georgie? I don't have a fast car and I don't drink, as for the birds...yeah none of those either. Look how long I'll live...oh geez.


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
Until the end of time I guess Ted. :D
 
Hello ##NAME##, Just found your blog when I was out there searching around. Not exactly what I was looking for, but interesting stuff. Cool. Good to see a good blog on your topic. John##LINK##.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?