22 sierpnia 2005

 

Special TPMP Preview - Part 2

Second in an ongoing series of posts about bands that will be reuniting for Club Congress's 20th Anniversary.

Chango Malo: I've never been to one of their shows, but I've heard good things about them. They have a sound similar to the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the much missed Pollo Elastico.

Chick Cashman: His backup band was called the Countrypolitans. This probably led some to believe that he might be an alt-country act of some sort. This probably didn't prepare audiences for the strippers and cross-dressing. He played garage and surf guitar music. Odd, given his saxophonist Jeff "Mr. Tidypaws" Grubick is married to Deb Dale, who's father is named Dick Dale. Not that Dick Dale, but still.

Chris Burroughs & the Nationals: Burroughs is a local singer-songwriter. I can never get into this sort of thing. I'm sure he is very talented though.

Cosmic Boogie TribeCosmic Boogie Tribe: Effin' awesome! These guys rocked. I knew a couple of them in high school. Think Fishbone or 24-7 Spyz. This will be the first show they have played at Club Congress since a show I saw in 1991, when lead singer Dave Lewis decided to climb around on the lighting, an action which got them banned. It was probably for the best, since their audiences tended to be a bit younger. Their best shows I saw were at all-ages clubs like Runes and DPC. I always enjoyed their cover of "Pablo Picasso" even though it wasn't one of their more high energy numbers.

Creosote: I get confused, because I thought Tammy Allen's band was called Creosote. Wait, Agave. It's late.



Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?