11 lipca 2005

 

Something That Needs Explaining

Okay, so KLPX plays a Rush song from 1988 and it is "Classic Rock," but KFMA plays a Clash song from 1979, and it is "New Rock."


I was listening to KLPX the other night, and the DJ was playing a bunch of requests. They all were those cheesy "power ballads" that every metal band had to do in the late 1980's and early 1990's. One was "Wait" by White Lion. It scared me that I knew the lyrics. Well, only the chorus, but that's bad enough.

Some guy called in and said that they were playing the coolest songs ever.

I'm just making some guesses about this guy, but bear with me. He probably would complain about an equally over done love song from say, Luther Vandross or Natalie Cole. Heck, he probably would even say "that's gay!" But, he enjoys hearing the same saccharine sentiment from a blonde pretty boy dressed like a pirate. You draw your own conclusions.



At the top of most "blogger" sites is a bar that lets you look at a random Blogspot blog. Most of the time, you end up with some poorly done commercial site (they oughta do something about that), but sometimes you end up with cool sites like this one.



Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

Comments:
wait just a moment before our love will die
cause I must know the reason why we say goodbye
wait just a moment and tell me why
cause I can show you lovin that you won't deny..

*sigh* I get chills up my spine w/such talented prose..

(and hello, Ted, you know more than the chorus..shamefully, we all did. It was the 80's, man!)
 
from T-Rex's Guide to Life:

...I won't belabor the point, but think of the homosexual imagery inherent in the following songs: Warrant - "Down Boys," Bullet Boys - "Hard As A Rock," Bullet Boys - "Smooth Up N Ya," Aerosmith - "Falling In Love Is Hard on the Knees," Quiet Riot - "Cum On Feel the Noise," David Lee Roth - "Just a Gigolo," David Lee Roth - "Your Filthy Little Mouth," Poison - "Unskinny Bop," Def Leppard - "Make Love Like A Man," Motley Crue - "Dr. Feelgood," Warrant - "Machine Gun," and Motley Crue - "Girl Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)."
 
I happen to like cheesy love ballads!
 
Well I don't read T-Rex's Guide to Life, but I can't believe that Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood is not listed:

"...Relax don't do it
When you want to suck to it
Relax don't do it
When you want to come..."


:)
 
Come on! (Excuse the word choice)...Frankie Goes to Hollywood was openly gay, so finding gay references isn't exactly like translating the Rosetta Stone.

Mr. Mous was trying to point out gay imagery in songs that are "man's man" heavy metal songs. The 80's "hair band" movement had more to do with 70's glam than 70's metal. 70's glam was clearly about androgyny, some say as a reaction to feminism. Hmm...I don't know where to go with this from here.

I need to go to class and learn sme stuff.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?