13 lipca 2005

 

More Mysterious Messages From Beyond...

A while back, I recieved a strange message in Spanish on my cell phone. It was from a foriegn number. Now, it appears I have recieved the sequel:

Todavia no vienen?

It seems that the person that sent it has learned to use lower case letters. Also, this one came from a local number. I tried to call the person, but they hung up on me. So, I sent back a message saying:

Lo siento, creo que Ud. tiene el mal numero.

That's my best pocho Spanish. I never recieved a response, but I'm assuming that they got it. Now, the messages will stop, but I am still curious where I was supposed to be.


Todd and I were discussing metal bands, and I brought up the Norwegian band Mayhem. Mayhem, for those of you who remember the story, is a "Black Metal" band who were involved in some, uh, mayhem. No, Black Metal does not mean Sevendust or Living Coloür. These are bands that think they are evil. All that stuff that the old lady in church warned you about how rock and roll was Satan's playground? These guys are trying to live it.

At one point, Mayhem's bassist, Count Grishnackh, killed the guitarist, Euronymous, because he wanted to be more evil than he was. Grishnackh was also found to have been plotting to blow up churches. After their dummer, Dead, killed himself (the name sums it up well, I think), drummer Hellhammer used pieces of his skull as a necklace and Grishnackh made a soup out of him. One fan was nearly killed by a flying sheep's head at one show.

So, to prove to Todd that such a band did in fact exist (and still tours, even with almost the entire original line up dead or incarcerated), I looked them up on AllMusic. AllMusic provides small snippets of their songs. We gave it a listen to see what they sound like.

Man, they suck.

I thought it was supposed to be menacing or something. You know that music that is used in lame commercials and movies that is supposed to sound like Heavy Metal? You know, a few distorted power chords to make it Rock and/or Roll? Take that and add a keyboard line that is all whiny and tinny. There you have Mayhem. I no longer fear Satan.

Gawd, they are as weak as Christian Rock. Hopefully, the two sides will learn to rock harder before the Tribulations.


Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?