18 lipca 2005

 

I Don't Like Mondays

You like that Gen X reference? I figure we are all getting old enough that we can start making everyone participate in our mid-life crises the way the boomers did.


When I first moved to this neighborhood, I was told it was quiet.

Last night, we had another incident of some sort. I don't know what it was. As I went north on Country Club, I spotted a police car that had just pulled a car over on one of the side streets a few blocks south of where I live. Then, when I turned onto my street, there were two more police units who were looking over an empty car. I have no idea what was going on.

Since I moved in, there have been two big incidents that I know of. Shortly after I got here, a guy stabbed a police officer which led to them basically shutting down this neighborhood along with most of the area between Pima and 5th Street. It made the news and everything. I went out front to see what all the noise was, and a cruiser drove by and shined a spotlight in my face. I am not into blindness, so I went inside.

One time, I went out front to use the grill, and there was a police car across the street and a tow truck taking a car away. I didn't think too much of it. Then Todd drove up. He saw police all over the neighborhood and asked one what was up. He told him that there was a fugitive in the neighborhood, nothing to worry about but lock up when you get home. Great.

I have seen times when there has been an elevated presence in the neighborhood, driving through and seeing three or four units cruising the neighborhood. I never find out what is up. Heck, I don't know what was up last night.

Like I said, it was real quiet...until I moved in. I bring in a bad element, I guess.


I don't know how any of you have noticed, it is hot out. When I went to Roller Derby, I expected it to be one of those nice indoor events we Tucsonenses do over the summer because it is the only thing that makes sense. No dice. I don't think Bladeworld is used to that many people in that place at one time. I was sweating like Randy Graf at a Los Tigres del Norte concert. I don't know how the skaters did it, especially with all those pads. As usual though, Berlin Wall's outfit was, uh, well ventillated.

The fans worked though. I mean the mechanical ones, not the people screaming for Barbicide to take someone out. I first discovered the power of those fans when I played an indoor soccer game there and I way over did it. I was so worn out that I wasn't paying attention to what was around me, and I started feeling really chilly. I looked up and saw the fan, I decided that it was my new friend.



Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments:
Which Gen-X reference is that? Are you channeling Bob Geldof, or Garfield?
 
Geldoff...look who you are talking to here!

Besides, as my aunt would tell you, El Garfield se dice "I hate Mondays..."
 
Why would you link Graf to your post?
 
In the interest of balance.

So...why would you click on the link? :)
 
What makes you think I clicked? I hovered, I hovered...
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?