29 lipca 2005

 

Former Tucson Amigo to Play in All-Star Game

Former Tucson Amigo Pablo MastroeniI am allowed blatant localism once in a while, right? Former Tucson Amigo and national team stand-out Pablo Mastroeni will be on the roster when the MLS All-Star team takes to the field against Fullham FC tommorrow. He played for the Amigos two years before I was an assistant manager for the team. I rode the bench for one game, with a jersey and everything, because the manager thought I'd get a kick out of it. Does that make me and Pablo teammates?

Thankfully, the still overrated Cobi Jones will not be there, since the locker rooms at the stadium can't accomodate his and Landon Donovan's egos.

I don't follow the Premier League too closely, but Fullham has players I have actually heard of. Brian McBride and Carlos Bocanegra are Americans. The team also includes Polish player Tomasz Radzinski and the Senegalese striker Papa Boupa Diop. I have a replica jersey of Diop's. He was the guy that scored the winning goal against France in the World Cup opener in 2004.

With a name like Papa Boupa Diop, he is definitely on my All-Name squad. Fullham seems to have another for that squad on their roster, a guy named Zat Knight.

Zat?

The guy is English, so who the heck knows where that came from.


Jeff Simpson told me that he doesn't read the soccer related posts. But Jeff, my soccer journalism is so insightful.


Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?