20 czerwca 2005

 

More Obscurities

Maritza López claims that her blog is better than mine and I talk about people and things she's never heard of. She keeps coming back though, so I don't know what the problem is. Besides, I know she kept looking at the picture of Freddy Adu from a few days back.

I'd invite y'all to make a comparison of this blog versus hers...but she won't give me the address. You, my adoring public, can draw your own conclusions.



This is the second really hot weekend. That means everybody left town. Roller Derby had a lighter than usual turn-out, and my church was half-empty yesterday. Tucsonenses always forget just how bad it gets, we figure no big deal, 100°, 105° what's the difference? Then the first 105° weekend hits and roundabout 11:00 AM Saturday we are planning our next weekend in the Chiricahuas, or maybe even Queen Maud Land. We can handle 100°, it is a dry heat after all. 105° is that barrier between, "yeah, it's real hot" and "what the hell am I doing here?"



I arrived at the Surly Wench last night just in time to walk in on some sort of incident. There was a guy out front with a kitten crawling on his shoulder and some guy arguing with him. The bouncer and one other employee were standing near by. I couldn't figure out what was up. I mean, something was up, but heck if I knew.

Apparently, the man had the kitten in his fanny pack. He would let it out, it would look dazed and cough a lot. People, including one of the bartenders, confronted him about this. Then, the guy got thrown out and people were still bugging him about abusing this cat. They guy started claiming that he was being threatened and that someone pulled a knife on him. When it was obvious that the guy has a screw loose, the police were called.

Six patrol cars. I counted them. Six patrol cars arrived to apprehend this one guy. Well, I don't know what the caller said to the dispatcher. Also, it may not have been a busy night, see above. The owner of the Surly Wench was glad that the patrol cars parked themselves in front of the Food Conspiracy rather than her bar. The man was arrested.

No word on the cat.



Despite all the weirdness (and gettin' spanked at pool, AGAIN!), there was a band playing at the Wench last night. The Little Morts, despite their lame name, were an amazing rockabillish-alt-country-blues-whatever band. I couldn't find their website, though they said they had one. They will be playing a bunch of times over the next few weeks. They will also be returning to the Wench on the 15th with another remarkable band, the Wyatts. It is supposed to be some sort of alt-country night. I was told that you can get in free if you wear a cowboy hat. I was unable to confirm this at press time...

Of course, considering Jezebelle's reaction last time I wore a cowboy hat to the Wench, I may just pay the cover...



Did you make it this far, Maritza?



Do zobaczenia. Hasta la proxima.

Comments:
I vote for Mud's blog.

Sorry Ted.
 
I never did like you, anonymous.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?