23 czerwca 2005

 

Giant Popsicle Melts, Floods New York Park

Okay, that actually is not an Onion headline. It is a headline from the Associated Press. Read more about it here.


James Hudson was a bit tweaked about my snarky report about his site. I've known James for a couple of years, and we both worked at AOL, although not at the same time. If I can't be snarky with him, who can I be snarky with? Anyhow, I've added his site, Tucson Scene, to my "Music that Doesn't Suck" list. Check it out.


I was reminded of a sketch from an old show called Almost Live when I heard about this one. Apparently, there was a biotech conference and 250 protesters showed up. Everything seemed to be going fine, until 500 skateboarders showed up for their own, totally unrelated protest. The ensuing silliness resulted in the death of one police officer (from a heart attack).

There used to be a series of sketches on the Seattle based comedy show Almost Live that were supposed to be episodes of Cops in various Seattle suburbs. One was in sort of a granola suburb and the cop was supposed to keep petition passers on their own corners:
"'Stop Animal Testing' on this corner, 'Nuclear Freeze' across the street, you know that's what we agreed to."

The Revs begin their second winning streak of the season with a 3-1 victory over Columbus. Hey, in previous seasons, a single win would have been a streak. I was in class at the time and forgot to set the VCR. Darnit.


Game 7 of the NBA finals is tonight. Geez. Didn't the regular season end, I dunno, two months ago? And people wonder why I watch soccer. The only thing more ridiculous about the NBA finals going so long is that the NFL pre-season will start in a couple of weeks. Yeah, those Tempe Glendale Cardinals love to play in all those pads when it is 103°.

So, do I care who wins? Not really. I was for San Antonio when Sean Elliot played for them. I know that if they win, a certain Sanantonioense I know will be insufferable...


Hasta la proxima. Do zobaczenia.

(NB - An anonymous fan correctly pointed out that the Cardinals no longer play in Tempe. I have corrected my grevious error.)

Comments:
Tempe Cardinals? You mean Glendale Cardinals.
 
did they finish building that thing in Glendale already?
 
Ah yes...they will be in Glendale...my mistake.
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?