29 maja 2005

 

USA Loses; Revs in Sister Kisser

I went to a party last night at the home of Furious Truckstop Waitresses' Sloppy Flo. Yeah, I know her real name, but what fun is that? Other guests included FTW's Sassy Sue, Ruby Hellcat and Elbow Bomb, as well as Iron Curtain's Berlin Wall and Knuckles Sandovich. Referee Track Daddy was there as well. Wow...this is like a Lloyd Grove gossip column. We checked, and I am slightly taller than Elbow Bomb, but she doesn't want to admit it. Best part...Sloppy Flo's wonderfully reckless and freaky dancing. If you ever need to see this, pop on a soundtrack to a Bollywood wedding movie.

The USA lost 1-2 to England. S'ok. We still have Yorktown, and that's what counts. The US goal was scored by Clint Dempsey. In addition to my being happy about a Rev scoring, I also laugh because the pretty boys that the soccer press loves couldn't produce, but the son of a sharecropper from Nagadoches could. Yes, Mr. Trevino, he's from Texas.
The Revs only managed a tie against the Colorado Rapids. The upside is that they are still undefeated, and unscored on at home. Colorado player Guy Melamed was ejected late in the game, but this just made Colorado play more defensively. Both teams were missing their best players, and were rather listless for most of the game. Of course, when you haven't lost all season, you can afford listless once in a while (in fact, its understandable). Imagine, I am actually disappointed by a draw. In past seasons, I would have been happy with one.

Later on, I'll post my thoughts on the "LA Derby." Spolier alert: Chivas USA got spanked. I know, big shock.

I've lived at this condo for about a year. Here's something new I found out yesterday: the streets flood in this neghborhood. They flood real bad. I had to drive out for a bit. I got out there and thought to myself...do the new Beetles float like the old Beetles? I realized I didn't know. I could have been flooded out and had all my neighbors laugh at me.

Like most areas of Tucson, people drive the same way they do as when there is a dry road. Then, they get pissed at you when you want to go slow. Everyone sucks 'cept me. Oh, and you, my loyal readers, of course.

Hasta luego, do zobaczenia.

Comments: Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?