24 maja 2005

 

Sun Comes Up, It's Tuesday Morning

So...we need to start a movement here. I took calculus at Pima College West Campus and had to, of course, buy a book. The book would have been $160 new, or $120 used. Luckily, I went to a place called Scholar's Dollars on Speedway and only paid $80. Now, I'm taking another calculus class at Downtown Campus, and it's a different book. I'm told that East Campus uses yet another book.

The assumption is that Pima Students attend one campus, so if different campuses use different books, it isn't a problem. Yes, they stay on one campus if they don't have full time jobs and have some extra flexibility with their schedule. The class I'm taking now is not offered on West Campus at a time that fits into my full-time work schedule. Because of cases like this, students will often switch campuses. How hard can it be for Pima to have standardized books for all of its campuses?

In other news: saw a band called Rancid Vat on Saturday. They are, by far, the worst band I have ever seen. And that includes one-joke local bands like Zapruder's Mother. (Am I the only one that remembers them?) If more people hear them, they could replace the Shaggs for the title of "least talented band of all time."

I read on All Music Guide that they have been together since 1981. Hmm...you'd think that by now they would learn to tune their instruments and stuff. They played a song that, I think, was a cover of Alice Cooper's "Eighteen." If it was, they screwed it up. How do you screw up an Alice Cooper song?

Comments:
Well we should ask Alice Cooper because he is the first person to screw up his songs. :p
 
Post a comment - Dejame un comentario - Piszesz twój komentarz

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?